Wednesday, February 26, 2014

ground beef stroganoff....


I've added another recipe to my dinnertime arsenal: Ground Beef Stroganoff. It's a classic and I forgot how much I enjoy it. Here's a simple recipe that will sure to have your family asking for seconds.

Ground Beef Stroganoff
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
2 Tbsp flour
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/8 cup butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 bag egg noodles

In small skillet, cook onion in butter until golden. In a large skillet, combine meat, flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Add the cooked onions and brown meat. Add cream of mushroom soup and cook for about 5 minutes. Add sour cream and heat thoroughly.

About the time your meat is browned, bring a pot of water to a boil then add the egg noodles and cook to the direction on the package.

Serve ground beef over noodles. I topped it with a little sprinkle of fresh parmesan and served with a garden salad.


Yummy, yummy in my tummy! It certainly warms you up on these endlessly cold winter nights. 

No comments: