Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Be our guest: guest room updates

since the weather has been so nice, we've been focused on the outside of our house lately. But with a "if-you-build-it-they-will-come" mindset, I decided to tackle the guest room this week. It has a guest bed and dresser but that is it.

Not wanting our guests to have to read by candlelight or place their drinks on the ground, I decided that two night stands were in order. I looked for vintage options to repaint or repurpose but couldn't find anything I liked. So I went with dorm-room-chic Target night stands.

You know, the simple tabletop with four screw-in legs. 

That's my kind of assembly. It took me about 5 minutes for both tables. 

Simple. And an easy way to update the room. 

Next I want want to add two lamps, a throw to add some texture to the bed, decorative accessories,  hang photos and touch up the white painted dresser that got a little nicked in the move. 

But it's ready for guests right now. So come on down! 







3 comments:

staceyj said...

I am loving the colors in your guest room! And that lamp. On second thought...maybe we should just visit. :)

Jenna said...

Oh my gosh Stacey, please do! We would love it. Bring the kiddos too. We've got the room!

PS: Loving your blog!

Jenna said...

Oh my gosh Stacey, please do! We would love it. Bring the kiddos too. We've got the room!

PS: Loving your blog!