Thursday, September 13, 2012

chairs. so many chairs to choose from...

I have a vision for our front room. It's a combination living room/dining room and I am envisioning the living room portion to have a moody, lounge-y vibe. Very Hollywood Regency in feel with some cool chairs, maybe a vintage love seat, an old bar armoire and glass coffee table.
Photo via
So right now I am obsessed with finding the perfect chairs. They have to look cool but also be comfortable. This is where I picture us hanging out with friends, having a drink, listening to music. I had always pictured barrel or club chairs in this room. My grandparents had the coolest set of gold velvet swivel barrel chairs in their front room when I was growing. They looked exactly like these:
Photo via
I would love to have those now – very Mad Men-esque.

I was at HomeGoods the other day and saw these. Obviously not this fabric but they were comfortable.

Some others I've liked in the barrel and club style are:

Photo via
Photo via

Photo via

Photo via
However, on that same trip to Home Goods, I sat in this puppy and was instantly wowed. 


It may not look comfortable, but I can assure you, it is. It was like sitting on a cloud. The back came up far enough that you could lay your head back and have your neck supported. And it was wide. I could easily sit on it indian-style and still fit. The slipper chair is much easier to find and comes in all kinds of fun fabrics. 
Photo via
Photo via

Photo via

The fun of Hollywood Regency style is that anything goes as long as it has a beautiful fabric and classic detailing. My search continues...

Tell me, which do you prefer: barrel or slipper?

No comments: