Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Crockpot Beef Stew…


As I type, we are getting hit with an ice storm on top of a couple inches of snow. This winter has been a doozy. I don't know about you but all this cold and snow makes me want to curl up with some piping hot comfort food. This Crockpot Beef Stew is a tried and true family favorite. 


You'll need: 
  • 2 lbs of beef (any inexpensive cut will do)
  • 1 bag of baby carrots
  • 3 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
  • 1/2 medium onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 package of Knorr Vegetable mix
  • 1 bottle of beer 
  • 1 cup of water

I place the meat in the crock pot and then cover with the remaining ingredients to cover evenly. 



Then I pour the beer over the top. Any beer will do, but I always choose a more full-bodied beer for flavor. Then I fill up the bottle with water and pour that in as well. Cook on low 5-7 hours or 3-4 on high. The beef should just shred apart with a fork at this point. Salt and pepper to taste.



We had a lot left over, so a couple days later I spread crescent rolls on the bottom of a casserole dish, added in the leftover stew and topped with mashed potatoes. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. 


Two meals in one. Stay warm my friends! 

No comments: