Friday, November 5, 2010

wherever you are, you are loved...

I'm back from my trip to Cali. The work conference went well, but the best part was visiting with my sister.  We only get to see each other a few times a year and the visit is never long enough. I can't imagine what it's like living thousands of miles away from family like she does, and not be able to just jump in the car and see relatives in a matter of hours.

So on my last trip out there, I made her a gift to remind her that no matter how far away she is, she has a family that loves her. 


I gathered old photos of every member of our extended family, pictures of us as kids, and our parent's and both sets of grandparents' wedding photos. I then decoupaged them onto a canvas along with some graphic red shapes to add a punch of color since her home is decorated in black, white and red. I also included beautiful quote that says, "You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you as you are to them."


It was a fairly easy project to do. If I ever do it again, I will make sure I print the pictures on a thicker stock because once these got wet with the modge pdoge, they rolled and bubbled up and it made it much harder to apply. 

But all in all I think it turned out well and I hope it reminds my sister that even though she is far away, she is never far from our hearts. 

3 comments:

T said...

Adorable!

Eva said...

aw what a sweet thing to do :)
i'm sure she'll cherish it.

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

Jenna said...

Thanks ladies!!