Thursday, December 9, 2010

Inspired by young love...

for this project, I was certainly inspired by young love... in two ways. I was inspired by a similar project over at the awesome blog Young House Love - it's a must visit. And the recipient of this gift is a great friend who has found herself a great guy, so I wanted to give her a personalized birthday gift this year.

Customized wine goblets.


This project was so easy and it's a really great way to give someone a gift made just for them. First, I found stemless wine glasses (a must for klutzes like me) made of thick glass.

Then I used a glass paint pen by Vitrea to write fun love quotes on the glasses. I chose one of my favorite quotes from Moulin Rouge and another one that I found online, "Love is friendship on fire."  Isn't that so true?

Once I wrote each quote on the glass, I finished up with a heart to give the set a cohesive look.


Following the instructions that came with the pen (this is important as instructions may vary with different varieties), I let it dry for 24 hours. Then I baked it at 325 degrees for 40 minutes and Voila! a custom set of wine goblets.

A great tip I got from Sherry at Young House Love is to put the glasses in as the oven preheats and leave them in as it cools down. This way you can avoid any cracks that might occur from sudden changes in temperature.

The beauty of these pens is that they work on all types of surfaces. So your options are limitless: bowls, vases, plates, you name it!

ain't love grand...

No comments: