Friday, October 21, 2011

Get a load of my jules....

There a few changes going on at My Life By Design. Since I currently don't have a home to DIY, it doesn't make a lot of sense to continue the blog as solely a home design blog. So I am going to start sharing all things that inspire me in life. Fashion... food... decor... you name it.

What better place to start than this amazing necklace by the fabulous Chicago-based jewelry designer, and my friend, jules. 
I have been coveting her Family Jules Necklace for a while now and once I got married it seemed like the ideal time to finally order it.  Set on a sterling and oxidized sterling chain, the Family Jules Necklace is entirely handmade just like all of her jewelry. 

It features rings that are forged from raw sheet and soldered together. What makes it truly unique is that each ring can be personalized with letters to represent your name or the initials of your family members. 
As a newlywed, I chose to have my first initial, my husband's first initial and the first initial of our last name. It is so beautiful and well-crafted that I wear it with everything. The initials are simple and subtle but still make a statement when you take a good look at the necklace. 
What I love most about it is that because it's crafted from quality metals, it will last for years to come. And since it's personalized, it will be a great family heirloom down the road. 
jules is the brainchild of the uber-stylish Julie Schwanbeck who launched the company in 2007. The hand-fabricated artisan jewelry line is inspired by organic imperfections in nature and features the finest hand-hammered metals, precious gemstones and unusual minerals. She pairs eclectic materials with distinctive metalsmithing techniques to produce amazing one-of-a-kind designs. 

Check out a small sampling of her other pieces: 


There is more gorgeous jewelry where this came from on ShopJules.com. And exclusively for My Life By Design readers, jules is graciously offering 15% off on any purchase through October 31. Just use the code Jenna15 at checkout.

Happy Shopping!!

No comments: