Thursday, January 26, 2012

stick with me...

I have a love/hate relationship with my nails. I love to get them done but I hate when they start to chip, so I have to remove the polish immediately. I did the gel manicures for a awhile and they were amazing, but $$ and made my nails pretty thin. I am horrible at painting them on my own and the polish is usually off in a matter of days. So imagine my surprise when I found a product that looks great, stays put and costs very little.
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. Essentially they are stickers for your nails. However, they are made out of nail polish (I have no idea how) so they look like you painted your nails with polish. The beauty of it, though, is that the strips come in various sizes and are curved on both ends. So you can find the perfect fit for your nail and really get right down to the nail bed without worrying about getting polish all over your fingers and cuticles. They last up to 10 days and can be removed with simple polish remover. 

I chose Wishful Pinking for my first foray with nail strips and have gotten great compliments on them. 
They look just like polish, haven't come off in the shower or when washing pots and pans, and they are only $8 for a box of 16 strips. Mine have already lasted longer than any traditional manicure – and I don't know about you, but I've never gotten a manicure for $8. 

They come in 40 different colors and are available at most drug stores and big box stores like Target and Walmart. Try them out and let me know what your color of choice is.

PS: as a friend on Facebook just pointed out there is another bonus: no drying time!

No comments: