Tuesday, August 27, 2013

piece by piece: new decor updates...

I think one of the hardest things about moving into a new house is living in it while you slowly design it. I don't have the patience for it. I want it done and I want it done now. So moving into this blank slate of a house was a real test of my patience. One of the areas that tried my patience the most was the dining room. For almost two years we have lived with a completely empty room.


My in-laws are coming to visit for a week in the fall and we decided now is the perfect time to pull the trigger on a dining room table. We visited some friends over Thanksgiving who had a dining set with a bench and we knew we wanted the same thing to create a more casual setting. 


I'm in love with it, especially the spectacular channel detailing on each corner.


Although, one thing it has shown me is that it is time for a new light fixture ASAP! That's next on the list. 

But first, let me introduce you to my first Joss & Main purchase.  


The main entrance we use in the house is the door from the garage. Unfortunately it goes right into a tiny, carpeted hallway. To avoid dirtying up our light carpet, we decided to add a runner. This one was 2'8" x 8" and gives us enough room to come in and walk right into our kitchen without hitting the carpet. 


But even more than the functionality of it, I love the look of it. The gray perfectly matches our couch, the light color blends well against the carpet and marries the color schemes of the kitchen, family room and new dining room. Plus, it is so soft. And it was only $70 including shipping. Can't beat that! 

So we're progressing slowly but surely.

Next on my list: 
  • Dining room light fixture
  • Buffet/sideboard for dining room
  • New bed for the master
  • New furniture for living room
  • Front entry way rug
  • Front entry way console
  • Bar cabinet for living room






No comments: