this weekend is the most exciting weekend of the month - the Randolph Street Market is back! It's going to be a gorgeous day, so my cousin and I are getting there early because I have a lot of needs (and wants) for my house:
1. A nice smaller wooden cabinet with two drawers for our main bathroom. Currently we are using a "lovely" plastic two drawer container from Target to hold towels, TP and other random toiletries. The aesthetic isn't cutting it.
2. A bunch of frames. Unfortunately, my mantel had a bit of a meltdown last weekend. As soon as it was up, it was quickly down again -- but not by my doing. I shut the door to go our and grab coffee to celebrate my design victory and CRASH!! I just knew. The door rattled the picture which crashed into everything on the mantel, including two jars of the scented oil reed diffusers. And of course, one landed right on my BFs nice camel colored dress shoes. He was a trooper about it. I on the other hand had a meltdown - I was just do darn mad that it was ruined.
So anyway, I took it as a sign that the mantle wasn't meant to be, and have a new idea for framing some lovely family photos we have. Stay tuned...
3. Vases. I want to put a cool vintage vase in our bedroom on the dresser and fill it with branches. The room needs more design but nothing too girl, I'm hoping this does the trick.
4. Vintage drawer pulls. I am painting a nightstand and TV stand in the next week or two and need new knobs or pulls for the drawers and doors. Fingers crossed I can find something cool.
5. This FABULOUS purse I saw there last time. I believe in fate and if the vendor still has it, it is mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
If you're in the Chicago area, hit up the Randolph Street Market -- it's fantastic -- and let me know what you find.