Friday, August 3, 2012

lettuce get healthy: healthy living recipe

The Mr. and I didn't hold back in Boston. Beer, steak, burgers, seafood... beer. It was great and I don't regret one minute of it. But now we're getting serious. Healthy eating, working out, making better lifestyle choices.

For our first dinner back home, I "remixed" one of our favorite meals into an even healthier version. I took my healthy Pad Thai recipe, cut the amount of chicken in half and turned them into lettuce wraps.


I left out the spaghetti squash and cilantro and just used chicken, half the amount of peanut sauce, carrots, cabbage and spicy peanuts for the filling. The beauty of lettuce wraps is that they are instant portion control. Unlike the mounds of pad thai I can heap into a bowl, you can only add a spoonful or two to the wrap because they are so delicate.


I paired it with Thai rice with lime and lemongrass. YUM! Delicious and nutritious, and met with rave reviews from the Mister. As a big taco and burrito family, lettuce wraps are definitely going to be a new staple of our diets. Chinese chicken, tacos, and buffalo chicken would all be delicious wrapped in crisp iceberg lettuce. 

2 comments:

Ryan O'Brien said...

This was one of your best yet. To anybody reading this. Give this a try sometime. Inexpensive and really tasty. It will impress your family and your guests. It was "tasty taste" as I like to say. :)

Sincerely,
Husband of Jenna

MyLife.com said...

The beauty of lettuce wraps is that they are instant portion control. Unlike the mounds of pad thai I can heap into a bowl, you can only add a spoonful or two to the wrap because they are so delicate.
make true friends here-
MyLife.com