Saturday, October 13, 2012

fall porch makeover...

Fall is definitely in the air here in Cincinnati. It's put me in the mood for apple cider, boots and cozy sweaters. It's also put me in the mood to decorate the house, starting with our front porch.

One of the things I looked forward to most about owning a home was being able to decorate for the holidays. So as soon as the temperatures dropped, I was on it! In a budget-friendly move, I repurposed a wreath I used for one of my wedding DIY projects and added some fall-themed items.

Once it was all said and done, I loved the outcome. Simple and beautiful. 
And totally coordinated with our maroon front door.


To complete the porch we picked up a HUGE red/orange mum and pumpkins of all sizes. But all of the orange was frankly a little boring. So pulling from all my "Pinspiration" I headed to Home Depot for a can of spray paint and brass upholstery tacks and VOILA!


O for O'Brien!

And of course he needed a little buddy. 

The wrought iron tables are a summertime garage sale find that I spray painted for the deck. 
They are perfect for the front porch vignette. 



I am so in love with it. Happy Fall to y'all! 

No comments: