Friday, October 5, 2012

friday finds: side tables....

it's Friday again and you know what that means – garage sales! it's a gorgeous fall day here, so before I started working I scoped out a few of the nearby sales. We have a serious shortage of places to put lamps and drinks, so I have been looking for side tables for various rooms in our house. And today I hit the jackpot.

I found this beauty at the first sale...
see that sticker? BOOM! $5!

It's a beautiful and heavy brass and marble table. Even though it's gorgeous, it's going to be hidden in our family room between a lounge chair and the wall. But never fear, I have big plans for it when my Hollywood Regency living room comes together. 

A couple of the sales were duds (I mean, I have never seen so many baby clothes/toys in my life!) but at the last one I found this puppy. 
and again $5! 

It will be perfect for the loft area which currently has no lamps, only overhead lighting. There is something extra cozy about soft lamp lighting versus blazing ceiling fan lights. Plus, the middle shelf will be a perfect place to keep magazines, remotes, etc. It's a little more country/traditional than my usual tastes, but again it won't be out in plain sight, and the height and double-shelf action makes it a functional gem. 

Once I get them in place I'll be sure to take pictures to show you how they are working in the space. I was just so excited by my finds, I had to share them with you. 

2 tables + $10 = FABULOUS FRIDAY FINDS! 

No comments: