Thursday, May 23, 2013

everything's coming up roses: coffee table styling...

we were lucky enough to inherit three beautiful knockout rose bushes when we moved in. Now that I've learned the beauty of cutting back roses in the early spring to ensure they blossom better, I am reaping their reward -- beautiful fresh flowers for my house. I added a few to the vintage blue Ball jars my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas and they give the coffee table a jolt of pink that's perfect for Spring.


Wondering what's in the cigar box? Those are cedar coasters that my uncle made from reclaimed wood from their property. They smell so good!

Here's a shot to give you some perspective on the table. 


If you look closely in the reflection of the TV you can see some of the new decor updates I've made. I have a few finishing touches to wrap up and then there will be a full reveal post. Can't wait to share!

Do you love fresh flowers in your home? How many of you pick them from your own garden? I have spent waaaaaay too much money in the past buying flowers for the house. It's nice to be able to go outside and pick my own. Down the road I'd love to add a peony bush in the yard. Those are some beautiful blooms!

No comments: