Friday, May 10, 2013

laying it all out there: persian rugs...

They always say you want what you can't have. Currently, we have a completely carpeted house. The plan down the road is to put hardwoods throughout the downstairs, but for now, it's carpet town. So naturally, I have been obsessing over Persian Rugs. Yes, I know you can put rugs over carpet, but I just can't get on that bandwagon. Instead I have been pining away for them on Pinterest and pinning my little heart out.

Here are some of my favorites:

Love the worn look of this one with the hints of blue and the faded reds. 
Via 

On the flip side, the vibrancy of this rug is stunning.
Via

More rich, warm tones. 


For a mere $42,000 this rug could be mine. WHAT?!??!
Via

And imagine them placed on top of this A-MAH-ZING (shout out to Penny Hartz!) herringbone wood floor. Gorgeous. 

Via





No comments: