Tuesday, May 21, 2013

what's cookin'?: homemade hummus...


A little while back I took a cooking class and one of the dishes used garbanzo beans. I always thought I didn't like them, but I loved this fresh salad, so I bought some cans of beans thinking I'd recreate the recipe. I never did.

Then today I was craving some hummus and the tub we had was expired – gross! Then I remember the can of beans. With just a few more ingredients that I already had on hand, I whipped up some homemade hummus in a matter of minutes. So good and good for you!

HOMEMADE JALAPENO HUMMUS

  • 1 can of garbanzo beans drained
  • Juice of a lemon
  • Half of a small can of diced jalapenos (if you're using fresh, I would say 3-4 medium sized jalapenos, seeded)
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 Tbsp of olive oil

Combine those all in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and you've got yourself some homemade hummus.  Enjoy!

No comments: