Thursday, July 25, 2013

put your feet up: outdoor ottoman revamp...

The only thing missing from our deck was a place to put your feet up when you're sitting in our club chairs. 
This is a pic from last summer.
 Enter this $5 garage sale find.


It was a stool for a vanity table, I saw it as the perfect ottoman for our patio.

Once I removed the seat, I noticed what they had used for the fabric...

a pillowcase! 

I never would have thought of that, but what a great idea for an easy makeover for your indoor chairs. They just slip right on. Once I got over my excitement, I then covered the seat with some outdoor, all-weather fabric I picked up for $10 (I didn't even use half of it so I have plenty left over to make some outdoor pillows too).


The red goes perfectly with the pops of red I have on the patio. And the detail on the base mimics the detail in the rug on the other side of the deck. 





I was going to spray paint the base to match the table but then I realized the brushed silver finish matched the base of the club chairs exactly. It's like it was meant to be. 


It's really lightweight so it's easy to move around and put your feet up wherever you like. 
Total time: 20 minutes
Total budget: $15 (with lots of fabric to spare)


No comments: