Thursday, February 14, 2013

40 days of joy...

Lent began yesterday. I went over the usual list of things to give up and then started thinking about things that I do that don't necessarily make me feel great. One of the things that I always regret doing is reading sites like People, US Weekly, TMZ and the other gossip sites.


The stories are always horrible and are usually cutting someone down for their outfit or their weight or glorifying bad behavior. I mean really, why should I care that one of the Teen Mom's is in a Twitter feud with her boyfriend?

So I've given up reading those sites for Lent (and hopefully the rest of my life). And I'm going one step further and committing to spreading positive news for the next 40 Days. Each day on the site, in addition to my usual posts, I'll be sharing videos, news stories, anecdotes, basically anything that is uplifting and positive.

I'm starting today with this awesome pep talk from Kid President. It's sure to bring a smile to your face.


If you want a daily dose of positivity, stop on by. And if you have any positive stories you'd like to share, send them my way.

Happy Lent to You! Let's spread 40 Days of Joy!

PS: I'm also giving up chocolate and cheese. Jesus, take the wheel.











No comments: