Friday, February 8, 2013

slow cooker chicken tortilla soup...

I love a good chicken tortilla soup. If it's on the menu, I order it. So I thought I'd try to make my own at home. Now I'm not the kind of gal who can sit and watch a soup on the stove all day -- I've got things to do. So I pulled out my trusty crockpot and went to work!

I gathered my ingredients, all things I like in my soup and none of the stuff I don't.


In a slow cooker, I added:
3 chicken breasts
1 box of Chicken Broth
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1 bottle of salsa of your choice
1 small can of diced jalapenos

Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6 or more. The longer the better. Shred the chicken in the pot after 4 hours and let cook for the remaining time. Top with tortilla strips, cheese and sour cream. Or any toppings of your choice. Easy peasy.


It turned out better than I could have hoped. This is definitely going to become a staple of the O'Brien household. Enjoy! 

No comments: