Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Parmesan chicken and kale...


If you're looking for a delicious, go-to meal, try this one on for size. I have to give a shout-out to my neighbor Cory, who introduced me to this chicken recipe. It's gotten rave reviews in my house and it's really simple. 

PARMESAN CHICKEN 
3 Chicken breasts
1 cup of mayo
1 cup of breadcrumbs
1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese 

PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees.
MIX mayo, breadcrumbs and cheese. 
SEASON the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
COAT one side of the chicken with the mayo/cheese mixture. 
BAKE for 25-35 minutes. 


KALE
1/4 onion
1 clove of garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Kale
In a pan, sweat out the onions and garlic in the olive oil until they become translucent. Add in the kale and sauté. Remove from heat and let cool for a bit. Toss with balsamic vinegar. 


When choosing your cheese for the mixture, I used the shredded, bagged parmesan, not the powdery, grated cheese in the canister. I think it gives it a better texture and it gets nice and crispy towards the end of cooking. I even toss it under the broiler for a few minutes to make it even crispier. It's really easy to make and so flavorful for so few ingredients. We're trying to have less carbs with our dinner so the meat and vegetables need to have flavor, and this recipe hits a home run. 

What are your go-to recipes? I'd love to hear what your family enjoys. 






No comments: